October 29, 2013 by accidentalfish
I’ve been making good progress on refreshing Mocking Pad for iOS 7 – it’s a significant piece of work and I want to get it right but I don’t think it’s too far off now.
I really think the simplicity of iOS7 lends itself to Mocking Pad:
This is quite a big update under the covers too. I’ve moved the source code on to use all the XCode and Objective-C updates introduced since I originally wrote the app and am reworking the DropBox and Live Publishing features.
It’s a big change so if anyone is open to doing some beta testing for me that would be fantastic.
Category: Mocking Pad Lite, MockingPadComments Off on Mocking Pad – iOS7
October 27, 2013 by accidentalfish
Today I released a new version of Simple Paging Grid onto GitHub and NuGet.
This improves the grid with bug fixes and suggestions made on GitHub over the last few months and adds the following new features:
- Now works with Bootstrap 3 by default. If you’re still using Bootstrap 2 the grid will continue to work – just set the new property bootstrapVersion to 2 (see the docs and supplied example).
- The grid now works with browser history – forward and back buttons include grid changes such as page and sort order.
- The grid no longer needs it’s own supplementary CSS file, all works with Bootstrap.
- Added a number of new examples
Any issues or feedback post an issue on the GitHub page.
October 11, 2013 by accidentalfish
I’ve probably hinted in the past that I have a “second life” beyond Accidental Fish where for the last 18 months I’ve been doing an awful lot of work with Microsoft Azure.
On the whole it’s been a very positive experience but there have been some painfully learned lessons along the way and I’d really like to share some of that with the community cue Azure From The Trenches, a blog all about Azure. I’ll probably end up branching out into a few other technical topics that never seemed appropriate to post here but if you’re interested in Azure hopefully I’ll have some content to interest you in the coming months.
Category: AzureComments (0)
October 9, 2013 by accidentalfish
I pushed a new version of Fluent Mind Map to the App Store last night. This is mostly a bug fix release and a few tweaks for iOS 7 – which this version now requires.
- Visual tweaks for iOS 7 – primarily the status bar now drops down with the toolbars.
- Bug fix for node clipping on the first show of a mind map
- Bug fix for Dropbox preview loading when an unexpected file is in the DropBox application folder and more previews need generating
- Bug fix for an intermittent crash in the editor
If anyone see’s an editor crash following this release please do get in touch. One user has reported a frequent crash in the editor but I’ve struggled to replicate it – I found one crash, whichI fixed, in a lot of testing. It may be my own habits are biasing my testing and leaving me blind to something so if you do see a crash please do let me know – I take such issues very seriously.
Finally some, I hope, welcome news if you’re a Mocking Pad user. Firstly I’ve had a problem with the DropBox integration reported to me that I am working on resolving, however I’m also in the middle of an iOS 7 update so that it better fits into the new platform. Visually this is quite a big overhaul as its a large application however I think the benefits are worth it: the cleaner style of iOS 7 should really help focus on the content and that was always one of my aims with this application.
Category: Fluent Mind Map, Mocking Pad Lite, MockingPadComments (0)